Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Great Workout!

It is just about two months until W-Day (my wedding day!!), so I really need to get working on toning my arms. I'm still planning to keep up my running 3 days a week (maybe a 3 miler, a 5-7 miler, and an 8-12 miler), but I'm going to focus more on strength. I'm incredibly lucky to have a gym at my work, complete with group classes. Today I decided to go to my first class. It was called Total Body.

I got to the gym early and there was a yoga class still in progress in the group room, so I decided to run a little on the treadmill in the main gym. 1.5 miles at 7mph. hooray! I would have kept going, but it was time for class to start.

Total Body is a 45 min class. It is very similar to Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (which I will post my review of soon). We did circuit training with cardio/legs (jumping jacks, squat thrusts, jump rope, etc.), ab work (planks, crunches, etc.), and tons of arm work (presses, bicep curls, lateral raises, etc.). I totally loved it. And here's the main thing- I was awesome at it! I can't believe I did so well after having just run a fast 1.5 miles. I'm totally going back on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment