Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sign Me Up!

Yesterday I registered for the National Half Marathon on March 20, 2010. That's less than a month away, but I feel like I will be well prepared. On race day, I'll have run 12, 13, 15, and 16 milers; so I'll know I can go the distance.

This race is pricy, at $85, but I really need to get a race in before the marathon (which I am still too nervous about to register for). I also really need this race to focus on so I don't get too focused on (and scared of) the marathon. It'll be a huge confidence booster if I can do well in the half. My goal is to run it in under 2:08. In order to prepare, I'm going to focus more on speed and form during my shorter weekday runs.

This morning was the first day in a couple of weeks that I've gotten up so early to run. I'm really glad I did! The 3 miles felt great in the damp morning. I pushed myself to run faster, and I felt strong the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment