Yesterday was pretty much the most gorgeous March day in DC you could ever ask for, so I decided I'd go for my 8 mile run. There were tons of other runners and bikers, and many many busloads of tourists. It was 60 and sunny. I learned (and in some cases relearned) a few lessons along the way.
1. Hydration is key. I was totally dehydrated yesterday from the start. I need to drink more water.
2. Wear running gear to avoid chaffing. I have learned this lesson the hard way a couple times now. Hopefully this time it will stick.
3. I need new running shoes, but it's too late to do anything about that for the half this weekend.
4. My new half marathon plan is to finish and run the whole thing. I'll still keep the detailed plan in mind, but it might be a little unrealistic. I'll be sure to stay hydrated and fueled though!
5. My belt pack is too heavy when I put my IDs, keys, watch, and iPhone in it. It bounces around and really isn't comfortable at all. I will start using my Sansa clip mp3 player again instead of the iPhone.
Things I'm excited about:
1. I can't wait for April and the cherry blossoms. I will definitely have to take a photography run.
2. Mac and Chesse on Friday for my pre-race meal. yummmm!!
3. The half on Saturday, which is supposed to be another great day weatherwise.
4. I'm really hoping to be able to find a Shamrock Shake after the race on Saturday!
12 hours ago