Friday, March 19, 2010

The Night Before the Race

I wrote this post the night before the race, took a picture of all my running gear, and then couldn't find the cable to connect my camera to the computer (which I still haven't found), so I didn't post it, but here it is....

Last night I went to Sports Authority and got myself some new running shorts. I haven't run in shorts so far since it has been so cold, but the weather tomorrow is going to be amazing, so I really wanted to wear shorts. Today I went to the Expo to pick up my race packet. I got my bib and tech t-shirt. Apparently I was feeling pretty confident the day I signed up for the half, because I put myself in the corral with a pace of 9:21-9:45. I don't think I'll be able to keep that pace up, but I'll be fine starting a little fast.

The Expo was kind of lame. I was expecting a lot more free stuff, when really there was just a lot of stuff for sale. bummer :( But I've never been to RFK stadium, so it was good to get a feel for the area and to be able see where the start and finish lines would be.

Homemade mac and cheese is in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment